Tuesday 13 July 2010

Another picture


Well last night we had some rain, nowhere near enough for the gardens but it was gratefully received. I gug the garden where the first early peas were, (Little Marvel) and was disappointed to see that the rain had not penetrated the soil; at all really, still today has been cloudy and also it was cooler around 19c. As promised I have taken another photo of more cherries. These are called Stella and nice and sweet. Also I have had my first tate of runner beans, these are called Enorma, if last year is to go by, then they will bear friut early then nothing much after. I have followed up with 2 old favourites. Scarlet Emperor and Painted Lady. Both are most reliable and will, if the weather is kind fruit until late October. We will have to wait and see. I have also had some beetroot(Boltardy)it is the first time I have ever had any go to seed but it has happened this year. I put it down to the unusual weather.

Weather this week is supposed to be unsettled with some heavy showers. If we get a heavy shower, I think we will have had more rain than all of yesterday. We will have to wait and see. Went to see next door neighbours today with some cherries. She gives me fresh eggs. I went and looked at the chickens, they look well. they have 4 at ther moment but say they will get another 5. I told them to get a sign and sell eggs. Later when I went out to clean the outside windows I saw a box of 6 fresh eggs. She told me that as soon as they laid 6 I would get them, so they are extra fresh. The trouble is, as I have repeatedly told her, I use a maximum of 6 eggs a fortnight.Still it is nice to have regular fresh eggs. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment