Thursday 1 July 2010

Eyes

Yesterday I had my eyes photgraphed. here was such a mess as there were two places testing. The letter advised all to go and report to the van, I went there but a woman who was disabled, complained that it said that wheelchair access was available. This just was not so. However a man said to her that she might have to go to the main centre and it was upstairs. I checked my letter and found that I should be at the centre. This woman told me exactly where to go so off I went. Thank goodness I was not too late and did not lose my turn. I was there only a few minutes when this young man came and ushered me in to have drops put into my eyes. This is to enlarge the pupils. It also did sting quite a bit, anyway he suggested that I talk to this nurse about the study that was being done. I agreed to join and spent an enjoyable 20 minutes answering a questionaire. I then went back to the waiting area for no more than 5 minutes. The young man again invited me in and checked my vision. I was surprised when he said that it was quite good. He then took 4 photos and then invited me to inspect them with him. He informed me that I had cataracts but NOT where the vision is and that an operation would not be of any advantage to me, I would just have to accept that my eyes are not as good as they were. So that was that.

I hope again that the photos are on the same page. One is of the shallots taken a couple of days ago. Since I took the photo I have lifted them, I will take another photo when they are dried more. The second is of my runner beans, I have been watering them regular and today I have noticed that some are now forming. There was I think just 1 when this photo was taken 3 days ago.

Again the weather has been oppressive and very hot. Forecasters say that although rain will be heavy in the west, hardly any will get over to the east. It has also been the driest first 6 months of the year for over 80 years. I am concerned about my grapes. I so much wanted to thin them but mt Italian friend insisted that I took none off the vine. I think there are about 40 bunches. Oh well let us hope that all will be well. Let us hope rain will arrive here. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment