Wednesday 21 July 2010

Failed










As I expected my rain dance failed. It is so sad that many areas have been flooded and we have had next to no rain for abouy a month. In Leeds which is about 90 miles away about 150km. they had about 2 inches of rain 70mm last night. I guess I did not dance hard enough.




Today I will show you my water collections. I have 2 green conical water butts catching water from the greenhouse. Each is capable of holding 600ltrs. I have 2 other small ones holding I guess 100ltrs. The large one which I have connected to my Karcher pressure washer holds I think 1200 litres. I have never had it completely empty since I have had it installed. I only use this for my polytunnel though.




I have been taking several photos and over the next couple of days will post them. I have taken a few butterflies, some vegetables and fruit. I will also show you how the grapes(blackcurrant size) are beginning to ripen. I still have a few cherries left but the wasps are eating them before they are really ripe. I am plagued out with wasps this year. My cherry trees had an awful lot of black flies on them and now the wasps are there taking the nectar.




Today was supposed to be cooler, well it was but only a degree or so. The weather man has just been on and said that it will ber cooler tomorrow with occasional showers. I presume that means we will miss them. Also that the weather will once again turn warmer towards the weekend. I guess one must not grumble. When in January and February the temperature was several degrees below freezing on many occasions.




My friend is calling on me tomorrow, I have a marrow, he loves that so he will be happy, I guess he will also want a few beetroot. I will try to take a photo of them if they are O K.




Will go now and water the greenhouse, I have taken photo of some different tomatoes, I now try to use them with just a few seeds as they get under my plate. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment