Monday 23 August 2010

Rai rain and more rain

Well, Who would have expected this. Over the week end it has been so so, but late Sunday night into Monday morning it was nothing but heavy rain. It has been on and off for the rest of the day, I looked out at the water on my driveway and noticed that I had a blockage of my drain. Well during a brief interlude between the heavy showers I cleaned the rubbish out but to my disappointment it is still blocked. In the last 30 minutes we had another very heavy shower with thunder. It always brings to me what my late Mother used to say. After a prolonged drought the rain would start. She used to say " The trouble with the weather is that when it starts to rain, it doesn't know when to stop". That had certainly been the case recently. So much so that I hardly ventured outside much today at all. I managed to get the runner beans that were ready and that was about it. Still I am not complaining, I feel sorry for the holidaymakers that are here. Not being able to go on the beach means the arcades, bad news for Mums and Dads. At least the rain helps somebody. Let us hope for a better day tomorrow. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment