Wednesday 11 August 2010

What a noise



First pictures of the greenhouse and some of the produce. Top is of a Gardeners Delight tomato. Believe this or not, this was a side shoot. If you take a side shoot of any tomato plant, just stick it in the ground, water it regularly this will grow and as you can see this one has produced plenty of nice tomatoes about golf ball size or a fraction smaller. The second is of course a cucumber. My Italian friend gave me this plant ages ago and it has recently started to grow. I am not a cucumber man personally but it looks fine to me, whether I will get another one I do not know but the plant looks healthy enough.


Now to the noise. About 7.00pm last night there was such a noise outside my front that I went out to see what was happening. My neighbour was on the driveway cutting the leylandi hedge with a chain saw lopper. It was certainly getting them cut down. Anyway he was pleased to see me so that he could have a rest. He told me that he would not get the rest done this night as in about 45 minutes it would get dark. I am thrilled that he has cut them down as it was becoming much harder for me to keep the hedge trimmed my side. Now I am sure that I will be able to keep the hedge under control. He told me that he was going to have a bonfire with the leylandi branches. I don't know if you realise that once leylandi starts to burn, you can hardly keep the fire going as it burns so quickly. They say it is the oil content of the leylandi. I have burned some and found that it burns swiftly and goes down to nothing only a small amount of ash.
Now tomorrow I go to hospital for tests and on Friday, I go to clinic so it may be that there will be no blogs for a few days. I will try though to keep updating my blog. More soon I hope.
P S I think I made a mistake regarding the woodpeckers. I think the adult is the first pictures and the juvenile the later ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment