Wednesday 6 July 2011

Even more sore






First picture is of 4lb of cherries I picked today. My Italian friend will be calling tomorrow so he will be able to give about a lb to each of his children and have 1lb left for him and his wife. The second is of some of my broad beans. I froze enough to fill an ice cream tub. I still have enough for about another week of eating fresh broad beans.

The third is of my first marrow. You can see where the hailstone damaged the outer skin. It didn't damage the marrow though.



This is of the cherry tree. I think I was looking through a telescope the wrong way. I can assure you it is a lot bigger than it looks. typical of me with the camera.


Above is why I was and still am a little tired, stiff and stupidly a little sunburnt. I have filled my waste bin and there is more than enough to fill the waste bin for another 2 trips. The next waste bin day is just over a week away so it will be at least a month before all the wood is disposed.

It was my Sisters' birthday yesterday so I rung her up. I told her that it was a pity that she wasn't on holiday this week as I had quite a few things ready in my garden. I mentioned that I had some lovely cherries that were very ripe so very sweet. She told me that she had bought 1/2lb of cherries on the local market for over 50p. What a pity.

My runner beans are coming on well and I will have another feed tomorrow. My french beans have been a little slow but I have set another lot and hopefully in about a month I will be eating more french beans.

Today, I have made 3 jars of strawberry jam. I managed to collect and freeze just over 2.5lb of strawberries. I do not eat them raw as they do not agree with me.

On Saturday, I picked a few gooseberries and gave them to the neighbours. I have my desert gooseberries which are beginning to turn red. They go a dark maroon colour when ripe. The only trouble is, that they are very thorny. More soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment