Thursday 7 July 2011

Italian Friend

I decided to ring my Italian friend last night to see if he was coming over to the local town. He was so I suggested that he come and visit me so that I could give him some cherries.
Anyway he arrived this morning. When he saw the cherries his eyes lit up. He could see that they were very ripe so they would be very sweet. I decide to pick the last few cherries from the tree that is covered. Those were not quite as ripe as the ones I had already picked the day before. I told him that I would suggest he kept them for a few days so that they would ripen completely. He then could give some cherries to his children. Children? They are all grown up and married. His youngest son had a dreadful accident well over a year ago. He was on a scaffolding and a bus ran into the scaffolding and knocked him off and he was severely injured. I asked him how he was going on and he told me that he was once again working. I told him to get a good Solicitor as he could claim compensation. He was self employed and could not work for many months. He is a joiner. Anyway, he told me that the firm that used to use him for fitting bathrooms and kitchens etc. They had finally offered him a job and have given him a car, he told me that they were paying him £500 a week. That is very good money for rural Lincolnshire. He told me that he was still waiting to see what compensation he would receive. I do hope that he gets what he deserves as he was having to borrow money whilst he was injured. Being self employed he had no other income only sick pay.
Today we have had some very heavy showers. My satellite went off so I guess that means my dish has moved a little. A little job for my mate who, all being well will be here next week.
Will try top visit my my old business to see how the man is getting on. Last time he had just got over another heart attack. I hope to take him a few cherries and perhaps some runner beans.
More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment