Tuesday 12 July 2011

Tchaikovsky

I don't know if I have told this story before, but if I have I apologise.
A young man worked for us part time. His parents were farmers. He was one of the nicest young men who worked for me, very polite and would tell you all the latest news. My Mother thought the world of him.
This particular day he came in full of excitement. He had been to the local hotel the night before and saw a pop star.!! He saw me and mentioned that he had seen Bram Tchaikovsky in the local bar. I just replied that he had seen Peter. No he said to me, he had seen Bram. I stopped him there and told him that his real name was Peter. He looked surprised and didn't know if I was telling him the truth. I told him I had known Peter B since about 1971. I guess this was around 1985. I then told him that there was a pop group around Mablethorpe called Dust. They were very popular and that they used to visit my place whenever they were in town. I told him that although Peter was always with them, he certainly didn't look anything like the rest of them as he was always very clean, neat and tidy. He seemed impressed that I knew him. By the way, I had seen him prancing around on Top of the Pops and thought nothing of it.
About 10 years later, I was at the Golf Club when Peter came over to me. He shook my hand and told me that he had joined the club. I told him that was good and it was nice to see him.
I had quite a few rounds of golf with him, generally in competitions but occasionally socially.
I guess it was a few years later, when the lady Vice Captain came over to me. She said to me that this was Josh. She then proceeded to tell her Grandson that his Father worked for me. To be honest, I never realised that the young man that worked for me, her parents were now playing golf. Incidentally, both were very nice people. Anyway she then told me that her other Son, who incidentally worked for me after the eldest had left. She told me that he was still in the Navy, still single as he was married to the Navy.
To be honest, I only saw Peter a few times after this. whether he carried on playing at the local club I don't know. Unfortunately a few years later, my health stopped me from continuing playing golf. A game that I really did love. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment