Monday 4 July 2011

Short and sweet

After last Friday's effort. I took it easy over the week end However it was dreadfully hot and there were lots of those tiny flies about.
On Sunday I collected well over 2 lb of cherries and gave most of them away. Today, I went again and picked another 3lb and will take them to a colleague tomorrow. I also picked a small punnet for my postman friend, I gave him a lavender plant that my best pal,s Daughter has cultivated herself. The late Geoff Hamilton took the BBC T.V to her herb garden so it is well known around Chesterfield way. Her lavender is called Hardstoft Pink. It is hardy, well lets put it this way, it stood last winters cold. I told my pal and he told is Daughter because she was unsure as to whether it was hardy.
this afternoon I went out and picked a load of broad beans. I couldn't tell you how many as the scales only went round to 9lb and there were more than that amount. I have taken a few photos of the cherries and runner beans. I also took a photo of the marrow, it shows the hail damage to the skin.
Today I had the first runner beans of the season, also the first tomato is ripe. although it is nice to think that the first fruits are beginning to be ready, it also makes me sad to realise that summer is only here for a few short weeks. Still lets be positive, I have my plums to look forward to next. I guess about a month away from being ripe. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment