Thursday 24 May 2012

Better

The weather has been better these last couple of days, yes it has been dull at times but the sun has also shone so I am not complaining especially as it hasd been much warmer.
 I managed to get to Sutton to get my Pension and my weekly gear. I noticed that on my travels to the diversion the road had several markings. I guessed that this meant that the A52 is NOT being resurfaced but is only goig to be patched up. Fancy, closing the road for nearly 3 weeks just to do several patches. If this is so, I will be writing to the Highways Department and tell them just what I think.
 Mind you this is nothing compared to my mate in Skegness. I guess that the winter population is approaching 20.000 and in the summer months up to 200.000. My mate has informed me that the Post Office in the Co-op in the Hildreds Centre has given notice that the Post Office will close by December 31st. 2012 at the latest. There is just one other Post Office and that is on Burgh Road. My mate has informed me that the shop is increasing it's capacity to cope with the increase of business.  I just can't believe it. I told my mate that with the demise of the Post Office the shops in Hildreds would almost certainly see their income fall as people would normally get their money and generally spend a little in the nearby shops. we will have to wait and see.
 I have taken a couple of photos of the peas and strawberries in my polytunnel. I hope to post them tomorrow. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment