Tuesday 29 May 2012

Updates.

Rang my mate up last night just to see if he was O.K. Mind you he does have a girlfriend. I personally wouldn't give her te time of day but he seems to accept her. I asked him also how old his Mum was. He told me what I had guessed. she was 86 and would have been 87 in October.This morning I went out to get my Pension, also to make an appointment for a blood test and get my haircut. I went to the diversion and asked the man there if it was possible to carry on the main road toSutton.He told me that there would be no problem, I just had to be a little careful as there were cones in some places. I decided to ask him what was going on. Surprisingly enough he told me all I wished to know. On Thursday this week work will stop and although they wanted to recommence next Wednesday the Council had forbidden them to do anymore work until the following Monday 11th. June. I asked him then just how long would this be for nd he told me that unfortunately he didn't have any answers. He then went into some detail finishing up with the white lines had to be repainted so it could be some time.  Anyway I went to Sutton without any trouble. With this being easy I decided to return the same way home. I was surprised when some other motorist at a junction decided to follow me. When I reached where the workmen were, there was a different guy on duty. He asked me where I was going and I informed him that I only lived a 100 yards or so from where I was. He then told me that this was no problem and he asked the man who was in charge of the diversions to let me through. All he asked me to do was put my hazard warning lights on. The guy behind me had no such luck. What happened I do not know but he didn't follow me. I went about 30 yards and had to wait for a minute before they made way for me and I arrived safely home.
 This afternoon they were scraping the road outside my place. Not just mine but about 50 yards. I just wondered what was going to happen next.
 This evening I had my answer. Pushed through my letterbox was a note informing me that if I wished to get my car out, it must be done before 9.30am as they were going to do replaning and resurfacing. Parts of the planing would be going to depths of 170mm. As it happens, I will not, hopefully be needing to go out until Friday.
 As for getting my Blood Test and B.P. I knew the receptionist well and when she knew it was for Hospital, she told me she would have to ring up and unblock the system. Obviously there are too many people wanting Blood Tests for the available slots. I could not get a slot until June 13th. More soon.                              

No comments:

Post a Comment