Thursday 31 May 2012

Some More

These photos are what I took of the roads over the last couple of days. The top two, I hope are the first half and the seond two are of the remainder. The foreground is the layby. The next door neighbour was complaining to me that he thought they should do that also. I told him that the amount of traffic that used the layby was almost nil compared to the road. Anyway, when I went to fetch my garden watse bin in after it had been emptied. I saw a workman and asked him a few quesiions. He told me that there was going to be a top surface put on that at 40mm. He also told me that there would be a large contraption which stretched almost the width of the road and that would put some chippings down. He also told me that it was being done to the standards of the Motorways. Also they would be back the week after the Jubilee week but did not know just how long it would be before they had completed their work.
We had some rain today and to be honest for a period of time it was very haevy. So much so that my Satellite was not transmitting any signal to most of my channels. I think it was rain stopped play with the workmen as they didn't seem to be doing anything during the heavy rain only sitting in their cabs.
At least we have just over a week free from disruption. I have made an appointment to have my eyes tested. I have to go every tear. I will see my Sister at the same time. Also I will try tomorrow to go to the Vauxhall Dealership and see if I can book the car in for the safety recall. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love that term "Layby". It had me scratching my head for a few secs.

    We call them "Shoulders".

    ReplyDelete