Tuesday 15 May 2012

Update on road closure

This morning I went to get my Pension called in and got my What's On T.V. then went shopping. I was a little early for my skimmed milk so went to LIDL for some bits and bobs then went back to the place where I get my milk. I know most of the peolple who work there so went straight to the man who stacks the milk on the refrigerated shelves. He was having is morning snack. I told him that as I had been earlier and the fridge counter was almost empty, I guess the milk had been delivered. He told me he was still waiting for the delivery. We talked for about 10 minutes and one subject was the closure of the A52 in several places this year. I told him I couldn't understand why in 2012 the road would be closed for almost 3 weeks. I did tell him that the roads were closed from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Mondy to Friday. In years gone by, there were a team of guys following up with the materials needed and no roads were closed at all. He told me that this was due to Health and Safety. I just looked at him and muttered that the Country had gone mad. He went to see if the milk had been delivered, yes it had so I had 4x2 litres. That only left 2x2 litres as they only deliver 6 cartons maximum any day. Still I now have enough to see me through until late next week. When I see my neighbours I will ask them if it is possible to get into the local Town for essential foods. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment