Tuesday 22 May 2012

Reprieve

Today we have had a sunny day, it was sunny all day fromfirst light until now which is after 6.00pm.
 I had every intention of doing my washing tomorrow but then at lunchtime the weather man came on and informed us that tomorrow and tghursday would be mainly cloudy on or near to the East Coast. Oh well I thought, I will do my washing immediately then. Without delay I collected all that wanted washing and put the machine on. The cycle takes about 1 hour to complete. I managed to get the clothes pegged out by 3.00pm and some of it was dry within the hour. All was dry and bought in by 5.30pm. My old Railway overalls being the last to dry.
 I was surprised to notice that I had three strawberries in my polytunnel. Although not completely ripe, I tasted one and it was nice and sweet.
 The tomatoes enjoyed the warm weather today and thank goodness, I have at last another 2 courgettes just showing. With the cold weather they have taken ages. Mind you, they have made a showing, more than can be said about my carrots. Still no showing yat.
 It also has been slow going with my Asparagus, today with the sun and warmer weather I did pick 6 spears. All I have been picking is the odd one. I have promised the neighbour with the chickens some Asparagus and I hope within the next few days to hjave a picking for her. I will be getting a few more eggs off her on Thursday. Let us hope I can give hera few spears of Asparagus.
 Regarding the road closure, I have been told that it is possible to get to the next Town so tomorrow, I will try to get into Sutton and get my State Pension, my T.V paper and some skimmed milk.
By the way, I have produced more solar power todat than the last 3 days put together. Don't suppose I will do 1/2 as much over the next 2 days. Such is life. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment