Wednesday 2 May 2012

This morning I went into the local town for some skimmed milk. I had to go by the local Chemist and the delivery man was in the van and just about to leave. He noticed me and waved. his surprised me as he has only seen me twice. Then I suddenly thought to myself. Of course he would recognise me. Who else would be in overalls that are about 50 years old? Mind you I often wonder how many men would be able to get into their working overalls when they last wore them in the early 60s.
 I have got used to them and to be honest will miss them when they eventually wear out. I will try not to wear then during the summer months, thus hopefully making them last longer.
 The weather today has been better but the cold easterly wind kept the temperatures down. The talk is that it will get colder, to be candid, I don't expect it to make much difference because it has been generally cool. The exception was on Monday, the wind was cool but not strong and in general it was much as one would expect the weather to be in early May.
 I noticed in the local paper that my best Pal left me that the old Public House will once again go up for Auction. It was Auctioned off I guess 18 months ago. It was refurbished then put back on the Open Market. I presume that there were no offers at all. The Auction will take place after the last viewing date which is on May 12th. I have noticed that the Auction will take place in Lincoln on Wednesday May 16th. It will be interesting to see if anyone will be prepared to re-open the Public House and restaurant. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment