Monday 28 May 2012

Sad News

On Friday my mate rung me up with the sad news that his Mother had died. To be honest, I was  surprised that she had lingered on for so long. I would guess she weighed no more than 5 stone but she was a very small woman and would think in her heyday would have only weighed less than 8 stone.
 As mentioned in my blog, I used to think of things to remind her of the years gone by. It gave me pleasure to see her smile and she would remember what I had told her. I guess that she would be in her late 80s. If I find out I will of course write it on my blog.
 Now with the weather being so warm these last few days, the May blossom(Hawthorn blossom) has started to flower, not in full bloom yet but plenty of flowers.
 In my greenhouse and polytunnel, things have started to grow. My peas are coming on nicely and already I have had 3 meals of strawberries but the kingpin is a cauliflower. It is great. Mind you, the other ones have been nowhere as good as this one. Heaven alone knows what has happened to my photos of the strawberries. To be honest I thought I had sent my American friend one of the strawberries but sadly not.
 To be candid, I have spent several minutes trying to upload these then  get them on my blog. Google has a lot to answer for me. I hope they will read some of the comments I have made. Shame on them. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment