Friday 18 May 2012

New date

Today I saw the Postman, he told me that because of the work further up the road had taken longer than originally thought, the work would not start here until Monday at the earliest, therefore the road is not closed. Just as well really as my best Pal came to see me this afternoon. He told me that he was changing his caravan, originally he had a 2 berth tourer but is changing it for a 3 berth. He told me that the firm would bring the New Caravan and site it, take the old one away and if everything was packed up in the old van, they would transfer all to the new one so that the disruption would be minimal. No doubt he will tell me all when he calls next time.
 I had a letter from Vauxhall informing me that a vehicle recall was necessary for my car. I went down to my local garage and saw the owner and showed him the letter. I did not think he could do the alterations nad he confirmed this. He told me that Thurlby Motors was the nearest. I said to hm I was not impressed with the. Surprisingly he agreed with me and told me that he dealt with a Dealership from Grimsby. This really is too far for me. The work carried out, will be free of charge but would take approximately 4 hours. As the road closure means that a normal trip to the Dealership would only be less than 3 miles but with the road closure the distance and time would be almost 5 times further. I thereforehave decided to wait until the roads are once again open.
 As Spring Bank holiday is now the first week in June this year to coincide with the Queens Jubilee, I hope that the work will be completed before the end of May. The date is the 31st and to be honest I don't expect it to be completed any earlier.
 I saw Richard the Farmer, he was spraying his wheat field. He waved to me and then pulled up and we had 10 minutes talk. He told me that although the wheat was looking good, what we wanted was some warm dry weather. Just then a tractor pulled up on the pull in outside my home. Richard told me it was his Brother and suggested I go and talk with him for a few minutes. We had a pleasant chat for 10 minutes or so. They are two very nice Farmers. His Brother, I think has more to do with pigs while Richard is the arable man. Mind you, they will trim next doors hedge for them. They are truly helpful country Farmers. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment