Tuesday 12 June 2012

Correction

I must confess that yesterday the workmen did arrive and do some work. Not near me but a hundred yards or so further up. Today I saw a couple of road rollers going up so when I saw my neighbour I asked him if the road was still closed and the workmen were there. He confirmed that the road was still closed with diversions and the workmen were in fact there.
 I should also tell you that the yellow things hanging up in my greenhouse are in fact sticky papers for catching small bugs.
 A couple of days ago I went to fill my washing machine with my dirty washing. Included in this was some dusters. Well I call them dusters but in fact are old pieces of winceyette pyjamas. It was when I was putting them in I thought of the way we were bought up. They call austerity now, but to be honest the younger element have no idea of how to economise at all. We used to watch our Mother tear up our pyjamas up once they were no longer of any use, make several dusters and to be honest, they do a brilliant job. My Mother also used to use her worn out vests for floor cloths. These vests were made of a sort of mixture of cotton and wool No doubt I will remember the name of the material at a later date. Anyway, these made brilliant floorcloths. There must be something said for learning at an early age for these were taught to us kids when we were very young and to be honest I don't throw anything away if I think it  has a final use.
 Today has been a little better thank goodness mind you my central heating was once again on and this is the middle of June. The talk is that bad weather is forecast for the week end. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment