Friday 29 June 2012

Mopping up

Yesterday saw more than 1" of rain in just over 1 hour.
 My Sister rung me from Cromer just before 3.00pm informing me that in Grantham it was dark but dry. Where she was it was nice but breezy. I told her that here it was dull and looked like rain. Within 20 minutes it started. Large spots at first but it gradually got heavier. before 4.00pm thunder started. It didn't stop thundering for about 30 minutes. It was a constant rumble, not too much lightening. I didn't think but really I should have taken photos. The rain was very heavy, the gutterings could not take the volume  and standing water was all over the place. Soon after 5.00pm it ceased. When I eventually managed to venture out, my garden was waterlogged  and water was lying about 3" deep near my back door. My front driveway was also standing in water in places. My drain was partially blocked but eventually I managed to get the water to flow away.
  I was lucky although today, my garden is still under some water, still that is nothing compared to many in our area. What has made the situation worse is the very wet weather the last 2 months.
  Look North is just on about the flooding now. It seems as if Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire were badly hit. I guess we were fortunate here. Let us hope that we will now have more seasonal weather. I feel sorry for the Traders at the Seaside. the weather this year has been very poor. I haven't yet been to see the Couple who took over my business. I really must make an effore in the next week or so. They will tell me just how trade has been so far this year. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment