Monday 11 June 2012

No Workmen?


I have not noticed any workmen on the main road today. Mind you the weather has not been good at all. In fact most of this month has been poor.
As you will see I have posted a couple of photos I took yesterday when the sun did shins e for a while. The garden has suffered somewhat with the gale force winds we have had, but most of all I have noticed that most of the flowers have stared to come out at the same time. They look nice if only a little windswept.
I like my Brother in Law have had a most disappoining year with vegetables. I know what some will think. It is that my carrots have failed to germinate at all outside. I have set up to 5 packets of seeds. It seemed to be either too hot or far too cold and wet. Even in my polytunnel there have not germinated as they should. It is the same, well almost with beetroot. My Brother in Law is just the same. When we set the seeds, they came up but it was far too cold and they have just sat there waiting for some nice weather.
 I had also wondered about my runner beans however my Brother in Law complained about the state of his. It was raining last Friday as most days recently but I told him that we would go and look at his plants. I realised what was wrong as soon as I saw his beans. I told him mine were exactly the same but noticed he had one plant that looked well. He told me that he had set another in his greenhouse and recently planted it outside. I then told him that I too had done this and what we had done was to get them started in the greenhouse early then plant them out but the weather has been too cold, so next year we will do things later.
 I also took a photo of my grapes, they look O.K. but have thinned them quite a lot so that I have about 18 bunches only.  Let us hope that tomorrow brings a little warmer weather and some sunshine. I am not very  optimistic as the forecast for the whole week is not good at all. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment