Friday 22 June 2012

Summoned

Following my blood tests I was summoned to go to my local Surgery. Mind you it was almost a week before they could  fit me in. In the meantime I went to Hospital for my review. The old Nurse who dealt with these cases has retired so I saw a nice young Nurse. She was very pleasant. I informed her that I had been summoned by my Surgery. She told me that the blood results as far as those concerning her were good.
  Off I went this evening and went to see a Doctor who is now working part time, I like him and he is one of the old crew. He told me I was low in Iron, Ferritin, to be precise. I told him that as the local Butcher's had still not been refurbished since the fire. It was not easy to get Lambs Liver. They have just started io refurbish the premesis. Anyway soon I will be picking broad beans so that will hopefully ease the iron deficiency.
 My Best Pal came to see me yesterday, as today it was a very poor day with more rain than dry periods, no sun either. We had another thunderstorm too. He told me that his caravan neighbour was on the High Street in Sutton when the bolt of lightening struck the Methodist Church.  He said it put the fear of God up him.
 My Pal is going back home for a week or so hoping that the weather will get better. He hopes then to get back here.
  Just heard on the local Television that vegetables will be expensive as they are late and not growing as they should be.  The Farmers say that food prices will increase because of the weather.This gives me some hope as my vegetables are not as they should be. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment