Wednesday 27 June 2012

Olympic Torch

Well, that was something to miss I am sure. Well we didn't see a thing at all. The biggest disappointment was that the bus carrying the Olympic Flame  might just have been in a covered wagon. The side windows were blacked out.
  First to go by was a Police Car with Union Jack Flags and flashing lights, no noise thoug. Then there was the blacked out bus and 2 other buses and that was it. My newest neighbour put her head out of the Motorhome and just said to me. "Is that it" I just told her I thought so. I asked if they were going away for a while as the electric had been plugged into the mobile home. She told me they were going away next week for a few days. I did mention to her that it was a pity that the flame did not bother at all as there is an Infants School here. Luckliy enough though the School had arranged for the kiddies to be taken to Mumby, the next village where the Olympic Flame was being displayed.
 All my neighbour said was that we are a forgotten village. I told her this was so, until it came to Taxes, we were then part of the paying system.
 The upheaval has been immense.
 I had a delivery of my medication this afternoon. It was not the regular guy but a nice man all the same. He told me that he went to the local Pharmacy especially early as he knew that the flame was going through Sutton. This would be around 10.00am. He went in at 8.45am. As  you would expect the road was closed. He went to see the local Policeman and told him he had to pick up medication for patients. All the Policeman would say is that the road is closed until after the torch has gone through.  He told me that he had to park a fair way away and then collect the prescription medications. He had to do several trips. On arriving at his Van the last trip. he found he had been blocked in so it took him quite some time to start his round.  Like most of us, we thought that the organisation could have been better
  Still at least we now have approximately 3/4 of a mile of decent road surface and hopefully no more road closures. Mind you, it took the best part of a months closure to get the road repaired. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment