Wednesday 13 June 2012

Scenic Route

Today I went to the Surgery in Mablethorpe. I headed north and the workmen were there, to be honest the road was closed and it was not good to carry on but there were many workmen and one was waving me on. HJust as I got near the tipper decided to unload some of his chippings, I turned in a little but the man sill waved me on. I managed to squeeze by but caught a sign with my wing mirror. It knocked it back so that when I had cleared the workmen I decided to stop and pull the wing mirror back into place. Don't ask me how I did it but got out og the car and trapped my left hand in the door. The pain was quite acute. I was sort of painfully laughing all the way to Mablethorpe.
 When I had booked in the Nurse that I gave the tomato plants to came and saw me. It was nice of her she thanked me of course then we went to the usual subjects that we talk about. Her Grandson, her parrot and dogs. I asked her about my registered Doctor. I hadn't seen him for ages, she then told me I would nopt be seeing him again as he had taken early retirement several months ago. She then told me she had taten her NHS Pension as she was now 62. She told me that she also took her State Pension and had her Bus Pass, incidentally something that I do not posess. She told me she had been with the NHS for 32 years and that her Pension was good. She said that now she only works 3 days a week and looks after her Grandson Thursday and Friday. She told me that she paid tax on the full amount that she earned as a Nurse.Mind you I am not surprised at all.
 Anyway she left and soon enough I was called in to see a nice lookig slim young Nurse. She took my BP which was a little higher than last time but she didn't seem too bothered. I just told her that I felt O.K. After the bloods we shared pleasantries and I left. Called at LIDL for some chicken thighs, a few bananas and bits and bobs. Then went to the locl place where I go regular. The first man I saw was this John who last time commented on my Footplate Overalls. We had 10 minutes chat I got a skimmed milk then went to get my State Pension. Bought my T.V paper and went into the small expensive supermarket, bought some gammon ans a block of Ice Cream. Then to get home. The main road is closed so off I went by the sea road. When I got to Sea Lane turning it told me that it was closed. That didn't surprise me one little bit. I had to travel to the next village and then double back on the main road to where I live. As I approached the homeward stretch. There was a man sitting down with a look of YOU WILL NOT PROCEED FURTHER. I got out of my car, went to him and explained that I only lived about 150 yds up the road. He asked me if I was further than a certain place. I told him I was but only about 20 yds. He then took away the barrier and told me that I might have to leave my car and walk a little to my home. Thank goodness this did not happen. I could see that they were working some 100 yds further up beyond my home. I managed to get home and garage my car safely. Mind yo my hand was hurting as it is now, not so much thank goodness. That will teach me to be more careful. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment