Wednesday 6 June 2012

Holiday over

With the extended holiday over, this morning I decided to take the tomato plants to the Nurse at the local surgery, also go and thank the Chemist for getting my old medication which has not been available for over 6 months and to be honest I have struggled. I also went to the Post Office to take a few asparagus spears, I only took my Pension Card with me not expecting to get my money. To my surprise I walked in and went straight to the counter. I remarked how surprised I was because with it being an extended holiday I expected a queue. The woman behind the counter told me that she too was surprised. Anyway I got my money and went to the paper shop, bought my T.V. paper also got a Birthday card for my Great Niece who will soon be 5. On my way back, the Fish Van was there, the man spoke to me. Of course I replied but thought, no way will I be going there again.
 I then went to the Surgery, I asked the receptionist if it was possible to see the Nurse in person. To my surprise she informed me that she was not there today. I was somewhat taken aback, with that the other receptionist came over to me. I asked her if it was correct that she should be here today, she concurred and told me that she had been sent to Mablethorpe but would make sure she would get the tomato plants.
Before I went out the doorbell rang, it was the Postman, he said he had noticed my tomato plants and guessed that some were for him. I was pleased he had rung, by the way I told him he was very early as I expected him to have lots of mail after the long week end holiday. He had with him some circulars. I told him I had opted out. He told me that a man had lost his job for not delivering these circulars and although he knew I had opted out, this should only last a year. I told him just carry on as I can easily put them in the recycle bin. I certainly didn't want him to get into any trouble on my behalf.
 Tomorrow I go to Vauxhall Dealers to have my car sorted. I don't expect any trouble at all. I certainly won't be causing any, by the way it states that it will rain so I will just sit and wait until the work is completed. More soon.                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment