Monday 2 July 2012

Wettest, dullest, coolest

It is official. Not that I wanted the Metreological Office to tell me. I knew that it had been a dreadful month. Typical as it is for all who have Solar Panels fitted. Still we have been rather fortunate when across the Pond the weather over there has been even worse. The latest is that many States in the U.S. are without electricity after sever weather. Compounding the situation worse is that there is a heatwave and of course, most places have Air Conditioning. No good at all without power. I am beginning to believe Global Warming has something to do with the extremes of weather patterns.
 I went out today and tried to do a little weeding. Yes it was raining, but not heavy rain but my ground is just saturated and digging of any sort is not possible.
  My vegetables are not doing well at all. My Postman concurs that his are also poor. My mate rung up on Saturday, I asked him if he had picked any raspberries. He told me he had, but they were not sweet. I told him that it was because the lack of sunshine. It is the sun that will give them the sugar so that they are sweet. My fruit, especially cherries have suffered greatly. They do not matter so much but I can't get to dig any potatoes up. This will also affect the farmers and so expect all vegetables to be more expensive this year.  They will also be unable to get on their land. Fruit also may be more expensive.
  Incidentally my apple trees are looking very poor. So much so that I will prune them heavily in the Autumn hoping that this will improve them.
 ASt least we can get about again without road closures. It is nice to go whenever one wants without hinderence. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment