Wednesday 18 July 2012

Eggs

This afternoon I went to put a few things in the recycle bin. On returning I noticed that the next door neighbour had left me 6 eggs. It was last week when I asked if she wanted some more french beans that I asked her for some eggs this week. I don't use many eggs. 6 will generally last me at least 2 months. Anyway, she first told me that once again they had come first in the pigeon racing. That was 3 weeks on the trot. That, I told both of them was great. In the next breath she told me that they were down to 6 chickens. That surprised me as the last time I counted them, there were 13. She told me that they were old and they also wanted to get new and improved chicken  roosts. I certainly agree that the ones they have now are not of the best in quality and size. Still she told me that morning she had collected 4 eggs, so they are still laying well enough.
 I was surprised when I went into my greenhouse, I noticed that some of the grapes are beginning to slightly ripen. I am a little disappointed as they still seem to be rather small. Next year I will only have 12 bunches as a maximum.
 I dug a few more potatoes up today, for two reasons, first I think they have blight and the second is I am still finding some of the potatoes rotting in the ground. I only have about 6 tubors to dig up now.
 My mate is calling tomorrow so I have been picking broad beans, although they have a little chocolate spot and black fly, I am pleased with the amont of beans on them. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment