Tuesday 24 July 2012

Postman


These pictures are of the road just after the markings were done. No cats eyes were not put in at that time but since then they have.
 As you will notice the pull in has been left as it was . My new neighbour thought they would resurface  the pull in. I told him there was no traffic to speak of using the pull in. I also  told him that we had to get the pull in surfaced to the Highways specification before we could get permission to build our properties. Mind you, the finish is not as good as I would like it to be  as the road does stand a little proud of the pull in.
 I saw the Postman today, the first time for about a week. No wonder, he told me he was on holiday last week. He has the builders in so didn't go anywhere. I told him that I had dug some potatoes up and a few had been rotten. I then told him about the fruit trees. He was pleased I told him because he had noticed that  on some of his fruit trees the leaves had begun to dry and shrivel. He then told me he had dug his potatoes up and bagged them. A few days later he went into the garage and could smell the rotting potatoes. They do smell awful. He said that he managed to get a couple of meals saved but has discarded the remainder. It is a shame because we put so much effort into hopefully reaping some rewards but this year the weather has beaten us.
  I am managing to get a few runner beans each day, just about enough for a meal  and it looks  promising. What they don't like is hot weather. I guess we can't have the perfect weather and we have to accept what we get but it has been very hot today. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment