Monday 23 July 2012

Nice surprise.

What a lovely surprise this was. On Saturday I asked my neighbour if she would like a few broad beans. She told me she would like them very much as they had none set this year. I duly gave her around 3lb. of them freshly picked. To my surprise she then asked me if I would like a few strawberries. I told her that I would appreciate that very much. Later in the afternoon the doorbell rang and it was her with a large carton of strawberries. As you can see, they are fantastic. She told me that her Mother had gone away for a few days and she could help herself to strawberries. They were certainly as fresh as one could expect. The taste was as great as the looks. I had 3 lots of strawberries with Ice cream and then I made 6 strawberry in jellies. I had one tonight, excellent.
 I was watching T.V the other night, not really taking notice but all of a sudden I heard the interviewer talk of a woman near where I live talking of the devastation of her apple orchard. I looked up and saw that her fruit trees were just like mine. To be honest, I thought my trees had suddenly caught a disease. The fruits are split and marked. Also many are deformed, some of the leaves had just been going dry and falling  as if it was Autumn.
  I had drastically pruned severely a lot of my trees, just hoping that the trees will improve. Now I have a little more confidence that next year will improve. So I hope that I may after all get some fruit on my trees.
 The weather today has been sunny and hot although it has been windy. Tomorrow will be less windy and even hotter. We must not complain though.
  My best Pal called today, he told me that there were plenty of people around, that is great news for the local Tradesmen who have had it awful so far this year. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment