Monday 30 July 2012

Fun and games

Yesterday I rung my Sister up to see if all was well. Unfortunately my Neice is not so good. She has been losing blood since having her child. She did tell me though that she was losing less than she was after ringing the NHS help line.
 I then asked her about the excitement on Friday. She told me that she had known nothing about it and went into town early in the morning to go to the bank. he told me that some roads were closed completely and there were police all over the place. A Fire Engine and an Ambulance were in attendance. No businesses were allowed to open at all that day, those of course whos businesses were in the roads closed She told me that as far as she knew, 4 men had burgled at least one premises and had been seen on CCTV. I presume that this was hooked up to the Police Station. Anyway the men climed on the the roofs and refused to come down. They had the cheek to ask for water which was duly sent up to them. The trouble was still going on when she walked back home. Later it was on Central T.V. Her husband saw it all and told her that when they asked for water, he would have sent it up by water cannon. His final retort was that he expected them to be foreigners. When I find out I will let you know.
  I don't know about you but I am a lttle fed up of the coverage of the Olympic Games already and it has only just started. Thank goodness I have Sky to go to. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment