Friday 27 July 2012

Olympics


Today has been nothing but the Olympic Games. I am sure there are plenty who are fed up already, especially those people who rely on getting around in London. For the next few weeks it will be terrible. Thank goodness I live in the country and so are not immediately involved.
 I went this afternoon and took these photos of my tomatoes and also one of my bunches of grapes. As you can see, the grapes are beginning to turn but are nowhere near ready yet. In fact the longer the bunches are left on the vine, the sweeter they become. The tomatoes are very late this year. I try to have some ready by the end of June but it will be well into August this year. The tomatoes in the foreground and Shirley F1.
  The weather today has been somewhat better than yesterday. It started very dull but by 11.30am it brightened up and before noon the sun managed to shine. It was generally sunny until around 5.00pm then the clouds rolled in again.
 My neighbour gave me a few more strawberries, just enough for me to make 6 strawberries in jelly. As before they were beautiful. I told her to tell her Mum to cut the strawberries right down, give them a feed and with a bit of luck she will have a few strawberries in late September. By the way, she did tell me that they had more or less finished fruiting.
 Still managing to pick enough runner beans daily for a meal so I am happy, mind you I am watering them regularly. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment