Thursday 12 July 2012

Butterflies?

Today, the weather has been a lot better. I saw for only the second time this year a cabbage white butterfly. I have only seen the odd, small tortoishell red admiral and peacock. This must be due to the poor weather we have had this year.
 I usually watch cricket on Sky but the last two matches have been abandoned without a ball being bowled. what I did was watch Tour de France. Once you get into it, it really is exciting. I couldn't believe the followings there are in France. Huge crowds stand and wait for hours just to see a fleeting glimpse of the riders. The commentator did say that a decent professional cycle rider would earn in the region of £100.000 each year. Then commenting that a lot of professional footballers in the Premier League would get more than that each week. He seemed a little disappointed, I can readily understand his feelings now I have seen the huge effort the riders put in. I will hopefully continue to watch the race until it ends in Paris around 10 days time. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment