Wednesday 4 July 2012

Mate called

Today for the first time in ages, my mate called to have lunch. or as we would say dinner.
 It was last night that I went out to dig some potatoes up for today. I was not surprised to find that some of them had rotted in the ground as my ground is saturated. Still I managed to get enough for today.
  This morning I went to pick some broad beans. I was surprised and disappointed at the lack of growth, this of course is just due to the dreadful weather we are having. I have just seen the weather forecast and tomorrow we could get very heavy showers but on Friday a weather warning is given for perhaps torrential rain and flooding. Let us hope that this is the last of the dreadful weather this year.
  Anyway we had a very nice day, all he did was check to see why my DVD player would not work. He told what we need so that when he calls next time,it will be sorted.
 On Thursday I ordered a couple of wall clocks, radio controlled. Well it was buy one get one free. I was surprised to find a note pushed through my letter box on Saturday informing me that the package had been left. The reason I bought the new clocks was that the second hand would often stick. The time would be correct but it was a disappointment. Also my best Pal could not see them clearly. These are larger figures. Anyway I told my mate and he took the old ones away. I was pleased because I had hoped he would. He is excellent with fixing things and I told him that they worked well although the second had was liable to stop working once the battery had been in for a few months.
 Time flew and suddenly it was 2.30pm and time for him to go. Hopefully I will have some more broad beans for him before too long. He told me that his had failed completely, what a shame.
 Finally I saw the Postman today, I told him I had a couple ofr french bean plants if he wanted them. He of course said yes. He then told me that his potatoes had blight due to the wet humid weather. Incidentally I gave my mate a couple of french bean plants. Climbing french beans are perfect for growing in a polytunnel or greenhouse. Good value for money.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment