Friday 6 July 2012

Smokey

Further to my mates visit on Wednesday, I didn't tell you that he and his Brother went to see Smokey at the Embassy in Skegness. He told me they were good but that only one of the original group was still performing. All of the others were replacenents. I should have told him that as he and his Brother were in a Pop Group, it would have been great for them to see if they could meet Smokey backstage. He told me ages ago that they would often meet up with Smokey and other groups in their travels. Generally in all night cafes after their gigs. I don't know if they ever played at the same venue but I do know that my mate 's group played at the same venue as Steppin Wolf. What a thrill that would have been. It was his Brother that asked him to go. I am so pleased that they went. I hope that if another Group perform at Skegness again and they knew them of old. Perhaps they will go and try to meet them backstage and talk of old times.
 Thank goodness we didn't get the torrential rain here that was forecast. We did get rain but I think it was only about 1/2". Enough for sure but at least we were spared flooding. Unfortunately lots of others were not let off so lightly. Finally, the Weather Men state that this sort of weather looks likely to remain until after the Olympic Games. I do hope that they are wrong. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment