Tuesday 28 January 2014

A member

I went on my usual travels today. Namely Pension, T.V magazine and shopping.
 I went to the Co-op and waited patiently whilst the man on the checkout was generally talking to each customer. When it came to my turn, I asked him for a couple of plastic bags. Normally I take my own but not this time.
 The man was friendly and asked me if I had a members card. I replied that I had not. It was the first time anyone has asked me if I wished to have an application card. I told him I would like to have one.
 He left his check out and got me a card and told me it was the last one there. He also told me that it was easy to register online. I have heard things like that before but this time it was true.
 It took just a couple of minutes and had an e-mail a few minutes later informing me I was now a member of the club and my card would be with me within  10 working days.
 Later in the morning the phone rang. It was the sales man from Calor, he informed me that all was progressing but I think what he really wished to inform me was that the unit price for each bottle was not as he had quoted me but another £2 a bottle. I told him that this was O.K.
Early this afternoon I had a call from the Calor Agents. I was told that the 4  bottles  would be delivered tomorrow and the price would be £6 above what I had originally been quoted. I pointed out the fact the Salesman had informed me this morning that the original price he had quoted was not acceptable to the Agents and a further £2 a bottle would be accepted. I was then asked to hold the line while this was being checked. After a short time she informed me that this was fine.
 It was at this time she told me I had signed up to a direct debit but unfortunately they did not accept this. I had several alternatives given to me Pay by debit card, pay the driver cash or cheque or go on a budget plan and pay a set amount each month.
 I informed her I would pay by debit card and immediately paid in advance for the 4 bottles.
 When we ended the conversation I checked to see if I had any messages. Sure enough I had one. It was from Sally from Calor. She was checking to see if I was alright for fuel and it was her that had arranged for the delivery. I then told her that I would contact her, probably late on next week to arrange to have my bottles fitted and the bulk tank disconnected.
 So it looks as if all is now more or less sorted.. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment