Tuesday 14 January 2014

Quite busy

This morning I was busy, much busier than normal. I got prepared for the usual Tuesday run, going for my Pension etc. but I had much more this morning.
 My first port of call was the bottle bank to get rid of my coffee jar. I then drove round and parked up and went for my Pension. I then called in the Newsagents for my T.V. book. After that I went to the chemist. My last delivery of prescription medicine also contained a leaflet. I went to ask what it was all about. The assistant told me that it was just to confirm that I wished to continue having my medication picked up and bought to me so that was settled.
 I then went to Mablethorpe and called in at a garage that does M.O.Ts. I have booked a full service and M.O.T on February 6th. I now have to contact my Italian friend to see if he will call at the garage and take us both to my home for a coffee and a chat, this way killing time as I live 7 miles away.
 My next port of call was the sort of discount warehouse. All I picked up was a pack of rich tea biscuits and a swede. The biscuits were Crawford's and were just 50p cheap I thought. The total cost being just over £1. When I got to the checkout I was asked if I had seen this guy who I know. I told her I hadn't seen him but she told me he wished to see me. So off I went seeking him, I guessed where he would be and I was not wrong. He had a Railway magazine that contained something about the record speed attained a few miles from Grantham and told me that some old drivers had said they had gone equally as fast as Mallard. I told him that this was possible as I had been with a young driver on a Sunday special. As it was Sunday, the signal box at Stoke summit was not manned. Normally each train is given a set time to pass a certain point and Control would be informed if that time was not met. This young driver told me that he would take his time up to Stoke summit, by the way it was quite a drag, and he would make up time going down from Stoke to Peterborough. This we did and I told him that my driver guessed we would be travelling around 100 mph. maximum. Anyway it was an interesting read for me.
My next call was to go to the Bank. I expect to have my LPG tank filled very soon so I must have sufficient funds in to make sure that payment is collected.
After that I then went to the Co-op and parked the car, went to have my hair cut then I went into the supermarket walked to the deli. counter and remarked that the lady serving looked  a little put out. She told me that a customer had verbally abused her. She then told me that customers had the right to complain but it seems that she hadn't. To be honest I have always found her to be polite and helpful. I picked up 3 X4 pints of skimmed milk then off to Lidl. I didn't want a lot there and soon was on my way home. It had taken most of the morning to get all done but at least it is done.
 Now I wait and see what Thursday brings. Let us hope that finally I have my tank re-sited and all will go smoothly. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment