Wednesday 22 January 2014

At last

On Monday, the man from Calor contacted me and asked me if the next day was possible to meet me. Naturally I told him that there was no problem at all.
Tuesday morning was very frosty and foggy. I had cause to go see a colleague at the warehouse and take him the Railway book he had lent me. I also gave him to read a book which told about the last days of Mablethorpe Railway. Before that I parked up and went to get my Pension and my T.V magazine. Off I set and immediately found my rear end of the car starting to slide, it really was slippery. Even more so when I parked in the warehouse parking area so I took it steady. I managed to get back home without any trouble.
 I thought about the man from Calor because it was still frosty and foggy at 11.00am.
 I received a call a little later and the guy told me he was in Boston and would travel to me. I told him it would take around an hour.
 It would be around an hour later when he arrived at mine. I found out he was not from this area and was working  here because of the guy whose area it was, was on sick leave. He was less than impressed with the rural roads and many tractors that travel around making travel a bit of a problem. This was especially so as it was foggy and vision was severely diminished.
 He looked at where I proposed to have the gas bottles and agreed with me that it was a good position and no problems should arise at all. We then had a long talk about things in general. He told me that he had been to University and had run up debts of many thousands of £s but he would eventually manage to pay off his debts.
One thing he did tell me was that I must not put any wooden protection as this would be a fire hazard. This being so I have decided to leave the bottles open and he was happy with this suggestion. Eventually he left and had to travel back to Stoke, a journey I would not envy him at all.
So now I wait for the change over from my bulk tank to my bottles.
While we were talking the door bell went. It was the man who had delivered the Compacter(whacker plate). He told me that originally it was supposed to be here for 1 day but a phone call told him that it had been extended. I did inform him that I was relieved to see it go for it must be an expensive commodity and I was worried in case it would be stolen but now all is well. I still have sand, cement gravel and fittings etc. but this doesn't worry me at all. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment