Wednesday 8 January 2014

Surprised

Having been told late yesterday that an engineer would visit me on Thursday to put a further 200 litres of fuel to make sure I would last until Thursday next week, I was surprised to get a call from an engineer.
 I had originally intended to put a note on the tank requesting the driver to contact me prior to putting any fuel in as I was sure I didn't want 200 litres as an emergency.
 Anyway the man had already checked the gauge and he informed me that I had about 7% left. Not bad as I had guessed that I would have about 5% by today.
 He told me that it was sufficient to last me until Thursday next week and then the work on changing the Tank would take place but he didn't know if it was going to be in the morning or afternoon.
Yes! changing the Tank, so I will be having a brand new tank. He had a few on his lorry and told me that there should be no problem at all once the base had been done. I did count the base material and was surprised for it contained 7bags of sand 2 bags of gravel and a bag of cement as well as the plastic base that I presume will be laid after the groundwork's have been dug and then after these plastic lengths laid, then the concrete will be poured in. Once it is set then the new tank will be placed in situe.
 I will be happy though once everything has been completed, hopefully by next Thursday.
 I did remember to phone the guy who will be erecting a barrier protecting the tank against any motor vehicle reversing in to the tank. More soon.
P.S. I still have to go by Google to access my blog, a little annoying really. The good thing is that the print is large so I can read and write it O.K. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment