Friday 21 January 2011

Good and not so good

Oh well, yesterday I went into the local town for my second fitting for my dentures. everything went according to plan and made another appointment for early February for a third fitting prior to the final extraction and fittnig of me new dentures.
Today I went to have my B.P. checked. Just as I was about to leave my friend arrived, I thought I would be gone before he arrived. Anyway I asked him to replace my old printing ink with a new one in my printer.
So off I went happily to the surgery to have my B.P. checked. I had to wait about 5 or so minutes but there was some nice music playing for a change. The Nurse called me in, it was a Nurse I had never seen before which is unusual as I am there regular. She was very nice and we passed pleasantries, she told me that she was waiting for pay day as she was paid monthly and it was getting towards the end of the month. Then came the test. Oh dear she informed me, it was more or less the same as last time. This was after the doubling in strength of my medication. She informed me that the Dr. who saw me last time would come to see me. I didn't know he was in the building but about 5 minutes later he arrived. He also took my B.P. Naturally there was the same readings. He was concerned, then asked the Nurse if it was possible to double up again in strength the medication I was on. She told him she was not sure. Off he went to his consulting room and shortly came back with a book of reference. He informed me and her that we could have 10mg of treatment instead of 5mg. Considering I started on 2.5mgs. This is not good. Mind you when I was on the old beta blockers I was on 100mgs a day. I think though they were not as effective as these modern drugs are. My consultant at Hospital told me that it was the use of those beta blockers that was the cause of my diabetes. He put on my records. Induced.
Well he seemed reasonably satisfied, told me to keep a careful watch on things and if anything out of the ordinary seemed to occur then contact the surgery immediately. In any case have my B.P. checked in about 6 weeks.
I was a little disappointed but that is life I'm afraid. I will have to wait and see what happens.
Now my friend bought me some seeds from Wilko, they have on offer, their own brand of seeds, when I say their own brand, I mean their own packages of well known brands. They sell them buy 2 and get a third one free. He bought me some Carrots and Beetroot among other veg.
By the way, my Broad Bean seeds I set just 14 days ago the odd ones are just beginning to germinate. I like to get them early because black fly is the bain of broad beans and from late May black fly is a menace. I manage to get most of my beans before black fly becomes too rampant. With the days getting brighter and the evenings drawing out a little I am thinking of getting ready for setting a few more seeds. I think Tomato seeds first. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. I mean I obviously wouldn't want to risk raising your blood pressure BUT . . .

    why is your blood pressure higher than it was? Is that 'induced' by other drugs? Or do you get angry at the post man or something? Are you eating the right things and not getting blind drunk of smoking yourself into oblivion? What is the cause of the higher blood pressure at which he's throwing lots more drugs?

    ReplyDelete