Tuesday 25 January 2011

Shortie

I don't think I have mentioned this but I am on LPG and I used to have Flogas as a supplier. Early in 2009 they sent a circular informing me that they were increasing the price of LPG. I wrote, what I thought was a nice letter informing them that I thought I deserved a better deal as I had been a loyal customer for over 5 years, paid promptly and although I had reported damage to my Bulk Tank cover, nothing had been done to rectify this and also my Tank had never been serviced. I didn't get any reply. So in late March I went to Northern Energy and asked if the would supply me. One of the directors came to see me, told me that they had been inundated with calls, from disgruntled Calor and Flogas customers. We had a pleasant 2 hours together and told me that he would charge me 38p per ltr. The last Flogas had been 49p per ltr so I was delighted. I signed a transfer form and he left telling me that he was supposed to see 5 more prospective customers that day but because he had spent so much time with me, he would not get them all seen.
About a week later, I received a call from Flogas wanting to know why I was leaving. I informed them that firstly, I had written a personal letter and I had never even had a reply. They seemed surprised, I then read my copy to them, they told me that they would get back to me. About 10 minutes later they called again, offered me a good price, I refused and told them that I was disappointed at their service. A new offer was given, a ridiculous offer but it was only guaranteed for 6 months. As it was by now April, I knew I would not be needing much if any top up so I again refused.
About a week later a couple of men came to pressure test and service the boiler. I pointed out the damage to the cover, one stated to me that he had one in his van and if I decided to stay, they would change the Bulk Tank completely. I politely refused. So now I was with Northern Energy.
The name was changed because they had managed to get many new customers. A delivery driver informed me that they had to set 2 new men on and create new rounds as it was so busy. This I must admit worried me because by the way the Director was talking to me it was a small Family run business.
Well all was fine for some time, my September LPG was as expected 38p a ltr, then things started to increase. First it was a temporary surcharge, then it seemed permanent. This summer we were informed that the LPG had only gone down to 49p a ltr. What really annoyed me was that every time the price went up, within a few days a top up of LPG was delivered.
Well in early December I asked for a top up. The woman on the other end told me that they don't normally top up until the tank is down to 25%. I informed her that I was just on a state pension of less than £100 a week and a huge bill was not what I was after. Anyway I was delivered over 500 ltrs. of LPG at a cost of 52.8p a ltr. The final straw was last week. A delivery of over 250 litrs and the cost was 59.8p per ltr. That is an increase of well over 50% on the original price quoted to me in April last year.
I had been online and one company always gives the price for the month. Each time it has been less than Home Heat, it had changed it's name.
Well I went online and asked another company if they would be willing to supply me, but as my contract did not expire until mid April I was just registering. Later that day, I had a call telling me just to ring this man up on April 1st and he would visit me.
So now I will just wait and see. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment