Thursday 27 January 2011

Is it me?

I wonder if it is me or whether it happens to everybody.
When I purchased this car, I went and bought it off the web. So when I was thinking of getting another I contacted them.
I had selected the car I wished. A British Made Car, unfortunately I was informed that after some searches they found that the car I wished would not be available until after Jan 4th this year when VAT had been increased to 20%. They gave me a price anyway. I told them not to order the car. I immediately surfed the web, found another Company that supplied new cars. Told them what I wanted, they contacted me and once again informed me that this car would not be available until January 2011. They also gave me a price and it was just a little cheaper than the other supplier and it also had Air Conditioning so I ordered the car.
A couple of weeks ago I contacted them to ask when was the car likely to be ready. A couple of days later a phone call was made to me and they informed me that the Company had informed them that delivery was to be February 1st. I told him I was not pleased and considering this car was ordered in October last year, it was n wonder the economy was as it is. H then told me that it was late October and it may be here before February 1st. I can say with confidence that there is no chance to have the car by that date.
While I mention this is that this is British made coming from Ellesmere Port. I have however on Tuesday ordered a waterproof doorbell on the web. This was manufactured in China but obviously in stock because today, Thursday it arrived my Royal Mail.
Is there a moral to this tale? If there is I guess it would be do not buy British if you wish to have a reasonable delivery date.
Finally it is just a production line car, I find it almost unbelievable. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. I know that one can order a new car for later delivery here in the States but I don't think it is a common practice, except for very popular hard to get vehicles. I have always walked into an auto showroom and driven my new car away the same day. The waiting and the continuous setting back of delivery dates would drive me nuts AND insure that I would never again darken the door of that dealer!

    ReplyDelete