Wednesday 27 April 2011

Dental surprise

As mentioned yesterday, I went for my State Pension then decided to go into town to make an appointment at my Dental Surgery. I was in all my glory, my old Railway overalls which I must admit I wear during the winter months. If my Mother was alive, she would give me hell for being so scruffy, but to be honest I feel at home in them. In fact I have them on now.
Well I arrived at the Surgery about 9.45am. I went and saw that the regular receptionist was not there. I was told that she was having a few days off. Well I asked this young girl if I could make an appointment to see my Dental Surgeon as I was having problems with my dentures. She asked if they were rubbing, to save any explanation I just said yes. What she said next surprised me. She told me that he could see me at 10.30am. this day if I wished. I of course said that would be fine, I would go and do a little shopping and come back. She then asked me to book in once I had come back.
I went to Lydl which is just a short distance away. I think I have only been there about 6 times or so. Anyway it has been revamped. The store is much larger and neater. I bought some Ice Cream, chicken thighs, bananas and some tomatoes.
When I was finally served at the checkout, the man told me that he shouldn't be there. I asked him why and he told me that it was his day off but as it was still busy he volunteered to work. He told me that in the East the Children had gone back to school but in the West, they were still on holiday. Whether it is true, I don't know but it would be strange if he had told me a lie.
Anyway I took my time and arrived back at about 10.15am. Waited my turn and about 10.40 went in. The first thing my dental surgeon said was Hi, I see that you are in your working gear. We both call each other by our Christian names and apologised for my appearance and informed him that I had originally came to make an appointment and the receptionist told me that there was a space so I decided to see you. He told me that he had a nice Easter, in the Yorkshire Dales. I told him that the sun had certainly caught his face.
I then proceeded to tell him my main problem. I told him that the tooth that was left in was now rubbing on my denture and causing a lot of discomfort. He looked and immediately noticed. He then said that if the tooth had to come out, it was a hospital job as it would have to be cut out near the bone. I just looked at him and said. " I expected this, I told my friend that I would expect to go to the(explain my phrase)sodding hospital, have to stay overnight and go through all that rigmarole". He told me that he didn't think I would have to stay overnight, but he was going to try to adjust my dentures and also take a piece out of the dentures. He did this.
Immediately I told him on fitting them once again that they felt much better. I only hope that this will do the trick. Mind you, they are not good. To be honest, I can understand people who try their dentures and give up, only using them for cosmetic purposes.
Finally I tried once again to upload some music. I managed to get much further than yesterday. Unfortunately that's where it ended. I got a message informing me to contact somewhere with I don't know how many numbers. Of course I didn't bother. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment