Tuesday 5 April 2011

A new supplier

It is funny but for many years I never thought of changing supplier but I seem to be changing my LPG supplier regular. I have been with Atlantic Energy for my electricity for several years. I don't know if I mentioned it but about 3 years ago they fitted a new meter and I was charged day rates for my night rates and night rates for day rates. I rung them up several times telling them that I was not being charged enough. Eventually I got hold of a mature lady and she sorted everything out. What she told me was that if by any chance I had spent extra, they would cancel the extra as I had reported the matter to them. As it happened, all was well. I am very satisfied with them. Unfortunately I can not have dual fuel as I am on LPG. Well in February I went online to see what was about and found this site. Decided to e-mail them. The next day, I had a phone call, I explained that my contract ran out towards the end of April this year so he told me to contact him on April 1st. and this was not April fool's day. I duly rang up on Friday 1st April. To my surprise I was told that the man who I should be contacting was on holiday. I laughed and told the young girl that I guess this was his April Fool's joke on me. She assured me that the holiday had happened recently but she told me that another guy would contact me if I gave her my phone number. True to their word within a few minutes a guy called Andy contacted me and informed me that he was in the area on Monday and if that was O.K he would visit me. I told him that was fine. He came to see me, I filled in a direct debit form because it was easier to pay that way, we signed things and he told me that in about 3 weeks all should be in place for me to order fuel. He suggested that I should wait until I was down to about 25% which I thought was sensible. The initial price was a lot cheaper than the last bill I received from Home Heat a subsidiary of Northern Energy. When the price finally went up more than 50% above the unit price I was first given, I went online and found that the price I was being charged was more than the average price for that month. Let us hope that I will be happier with this Company. I will not name them until I have dealings with them. By the way, those who read my blog will know that in September last year, I had a new energy efficient boiler fitted. Namely a Greenstar, Worcester Bosch Group. I do think it has saved me quite an amount of money this winter and would recommend anyone who has an old gas boiler to upgrade as it will save you money and I think I will get my money back in about 6 years if I live that long. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment