Monday 4 April 2011

Disturbing news

I went to see the couple who took over the business from me 11 years ago. I was saddened a little when the guy told me that once again he had just recovered from a hear attack. It happened about 3 weeks ago. He told me he finished up in Hull and has had a stent fitted and the Dr. told him that this should cure the problem. His wife, who incidentally had a Birthday that day was concerned. As it was Mothering Sunday as well as her Birthday, she had very little time to tell me her worries. She stated that she of course was worried and that as he had DVT on his last holiday abroad she would never fly again with him so that a holiday in this country was all they could have. This means taking a holiday out of the season. I told her I would have a word with him. Anyway, I suggested that he should think of selling and retiring. All he would say was that he loved it there, he would get more staff in. He also told me that his Daughter, who incidentally I saw and we spoke, and her partner would love to run the place, but he told me that she has a good job earning £36.000 plus bonuses I told him that her partner, who has a good job would be on at least £50.000. Double that and add some he told me. I just told him that never in a thousand years would they earn that sort of money there. He has a high position in a Council in the midlands. I guess that the total income per annum would be in excess of £200.000. The difference between the rich and poor is ever widening. Now to something different. I like a laugh as I have a funny sense of humor. The local weather man is funny and takes the micky out of the announcer. The weather man has just started tweeting. This guy tweeted to him telling him that he was going fishing the next day and if he would get wet. The weather man replied. "Only if you fall in." He did not know how to send it personally so it went out for all to see. His boss was none too pleased. I however fell about laughing. This other thing made me laugh too. On Saturday it was the final of the World Cup 50 over Cricket Competition. The final was between India and Sri Lanka at Mumbai so it was packed. The two captains went out to toss to see who would bat first, with them went the mascot, match referee and the commentator, named Ravi Shastri. The coin was spun by the Indian captain and when it landed, the Match Referee seemed to be in a quandary. After a discussion it was decided to spin the coin again as the Match Referee did not hear the call. The Sri Lankan captain won the toss and decided to bat. Now in the course of the tournament Sunil Gavaskar was one of the commentators and told of the time when he was captaining a school eleven. He too went out with the opposing captain to toss to see who would bat first. He said that he had to toss the coin 4 times before the call was made. The opposing captain was a stutterer and so couldn't get the word heads or tails out. I laughed for ages. I know we shouldn't mock the afflicted but you must admit it was funny. Oh well more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cruel!

    At least that's something which doesn't affect our blog world!

    ReplyDelete