Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter over

Well Easter has been and gone, too be honest, now days it means nothing to me. When I was in business, Easter was the first chance of getting any money in the till. It seems as if it has been a good week end for all concerned. Let us hope that it is the sign of things to come.
My best pal and his wife came over for a few days. Late last year, he bought a touring Caravan and has put it on a site for the season, so I hope to be seeing them a few times this year.
They were both surprised at the sight of my garden, with the weather men saying that this year has been dry and in the east, February and March were the driest months for many years, April has also been bone dry too. Besides that, it has been abnormally hot, well perhaps not as hot as inland but in general, constant sun all day so in the greenhouse and polytunnel it has bee too warm for the early plants, they are not used to that sort of heat. A lot of them are under stress.
Mind you when they came to see me, the cloud came off the sea and it turned very cold, so much so that his wife, who went to take the dog for a walk, was perished when she came back. He told me that he was going back on Friday as Chesterfield was playing at home. Unfortunately, they lost but they have been promoted to Division One. I am not too interested in football. I much prefer Rugby League. There is no cheating much in that game, just honest endeavour.
I have been trying to upload some of my music but I do not know how to. Mind you, it is just as well really as I do have the most unusual tastes.
By the way, today I have just received the umpteenth e-mail from Vauxhall. They have informed me that they will no longer reply to any of my further requests. Mind you, not that they have really answered any of my questions. My last request was for them to give me their complaints department. Naturally they have ignored my requests.
It is a shame because I will do all in my power to get satisfaction. I will not bore you with the details but I have told them. Yes! them in plural. I have had, I think 5 different Customer Service Managers reply to me. I have told them some home truths, no lies whatsoever but just the truth. Mind you I did suggest to one that although she/he may have been to university, they did not have any common sense at all.
They have believed a man whose title was Bodyshop Manager. A glorified accident and repair engineer as far as I am concerned. Mind you, he did not see the damage until two weeks after the initial damage. They also refused to contact Autoglass who at first refused to repair the windscreen as they informed me the damage was not caused by a stone. Mind you they are only the experts.
By the way, their e-mail address is customer assistance. I told them they have done everything but try to assist me. We will see what happens.
I have enough trouble as it is. My dentures have not been good since day one, I did try to ring the Dental Surgery today, so tomorrow I will travel into town and go personally to make an appointment. It may be that I will perhaps have eventually go to hospital for I have a large part of tooth in my gum and the dentures are rubbing causing some discomfort.
Still such is life. More rubbish soon.

1 comment:

  1. We used to have much the same fun as Easter approached for it was the start of the trading season for the narrowboats too. This meant not only internal cleaning and the making up of beds, re-hanging of curtains and so on but also tarting up the paintwork outside having got rid of the winter sores - such as rotten leaves and frost damage.

    I always loved the weekend before Easter for it was the first time each year that our boats were strapped together and moved off along the cut.

    Magic!

    ReplyDelete