Monday 19 September 2011

Duties completed

Well, that is the end of my duties for now.
I get up this morning and went round to open up and let the chickens out. To my surprise their car was on the drive. I thought about turning back but I thought that while I as there I would let the chickens out anyway. As I walked towards the garage, there pinned on the garage door was a note asking me to open up and feed the chickens as they had decided to travel late last night instead of this morning.
I duly let the chickens out and fed them, I noticed that the water was very low so I went hunting round for something to carry water in. I finished up in the greenhouse, there I found a watering can. This did the trick and the chickens were looking forward to plenty of drinking water and several had a good drink. I checked to see if there were any eggs, no I am sad to say. Yesterday, I also collected nil but in general I collected 6 most days.
It would be a few hours later when there was movement next door. I went round to give them the garage key and checked to see if they had read the note from the taxi driver. They told me that the young lad, who was going to college wanted some overalls. She asked me where I had got mine from. I told her the Railway about 50 years ago, I then suggested that they look for an Army and Navy store. That is if they still exist. I also suggested that they look online for overalls as that generally have a next day delivery. Her partner was looking in the Yellow Pages and informed me he had not yet checked the internet. I think it would have been my first port of call. Anyway, I left them to it wondering how long it will be before the young lad starts his travels to Boston College.
By the way, I told them I had taken 4 eggs and immediately was asked if I wanted anymore. I told them that that for me was plenty. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment