Tuesday 27 September 2011

New ISP

Now to my new ISP.
On Thursday I went online and could not get a connection. Well as I had trouble with my provider before, I just closed the computer so as to try again about 2 hours later.
It was just the same so I decided to ring my provider, she informed me that I had cancelled my internet connection.
I again went online, this time was a page from Plus net my new provider. It just stated that there was no broadband.
I decided to call Plus net. The guy was very helpful and asked me to do several things, all of which were of no use. I informed him that I might have not done all the connections right. I went next door and asked the man there if he knew anything about the internet. He told me he would come round and look. This he did and told me that all looked in place.
I decided to ask my friend in Skegness if he could come and help. He unfortunately had no transport readily available so I told him I would go and pick him up.
Off I went to get him, there were several road works along the way. Unfortunately I could not immediately find his home but eventually found it. He showed me a quick way to miss most of the traffic. That was great so we arrived a little quicker than it took me to get to his.
On arrival, we once again turned on the computer, at first things were just the same, he went to check the connection and immediately I told him the main page from Plus net had altered. It now stated it was gathering information. This according to their welcome pack was to take up to 15 minutes.
After 30 minutes, I told him I was going to ring their help line. Once again a pleasant guy called Andrew was there to help us. When we informed him what had happened, or what was not happening, he told us not to worry. I passed him to my friend and to be honest it was simple. He told him what to type in and after about 15 minutes we were online.
Not altogether simple as it should have been. Andrew told us that this sort of thing does sometimes happen. anyway I am once again online.
I then had to take him back home, by the short cut way so I managed to get back soon after 5.30pm. I had travelled over 60 miles fetching and taking him . It was the time not the travelling that made me a little sad. The good thing now is that whenever I travel to Skegness, I know of a short cut to miss most of the traffic. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment