Friday 9 September 2011

New ISP eventually

I find it hard to believe, I went to change my ISP through a Company called Simplify digital. I called them to find the best deal. I was a little surprised as I had contacted another ISP earlier only to be told that my Telephone Exchange had not been upgraded and it was most likely it would NEVER be updated.
Plus net was the best deal I was informed so I proceeded with them. They did all but get the MAC. I was given a telephone number to give them the MAC. This I did and later in the evening I checked my mailbox to find several e-mails from Plus net. One gave the detailed pricing information. Totally different from what I was told. Much more so I sent an e-mail through their help line.
I checked mail later and found I had a response telling me that the support team would be contacting me in about 9 hours after investigating the query.
Yesterday around 11.30am. I checked mail. Nothing. I went back online to Simplify digital and found a page saying what was available. I put my postcode in and to my horror found that only 2 ISPs were able to offer me a reasonable deal. The service provider I am with and Plus net.
I thought well that is that, I will have to stay with my current provider.
Around 3.45pm yesterday I had a phone call. It was from Plus net. It turned out that there had been a mistake and that the price that was negotiated by Simplify digital would be honoured. So hopefully in about 3 weeks time, I will be moving to Plus net, not with the cheapest deal as I can not get any cheap deals but a reasonable deal. What with my local garage charging 7p a litre more than my friend pays at Tesco in Skegness and his deal with Talk Talk is it worth living in the country? It is useless complaining as nobody gives a damn. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment