Wednesday 7 September 2011

I S P.

Today I spent many hours trying to sort out the best deal.
 To my horror, I found out that because I live in a very rural district, there is insufficient fibre optics for me to get the best deal.
 First I went to get a deal worth 2.99 plus 12.80 line rental for an 18 month contract. When they asked me for my postcode, I was informed that my exchange had not been updated and was highly unlikely to ever be updated. So that was the first one gone.
 Second was the same so I went on to Simplifydigital and there I was informed that as my exchange was not capable of handling most of the big companies. I was restricted to what I could get.
 There was a good deal with Plus net half price for a year . Not available to me unfortunately but I could get half price for 3 months. The guy told me that it was the very best deal available and was cheaper than the current ISP I was with. I then told him that this would have to do and gave all details he needed. Then he told me that I would have to get my Migration Authority Code. MAC for short. I did inform him that I was not out of contract until the 15th September this year. He told me that was no problem, just get the MAC and he gave me a different  phone number.
 This afternoon I contacted my ISP and informed them I was changing my ISP. After some lenghty talking in which I was informed that it would be more expensive where I was going to, I was given my MAC. A long letters and numbers code.
 I then rang Plus net and eventually was sent to a different department. I gave her the MAC and it started with LZ well I gave her it as one should to make sure no mistakes were made. Lima Zulu. Oh dear, when I had finished she spent about 5 minutes trying to sort out my MAC. Eventually she told me that it was not a legitimate number. I told her to read it back to me. She started L22. I stopped her. I told her it was Z for Zulu. She then corrected the code and tried again. Another 5 minutes went by and she again told me that it was not accepted. She then had a brainwave. She informed me that she would re-boot the computer and see if that would cure the trick and she would have to put me on hold. Another 5 minutes went by ans eventually she came back and told me that this time all was well. She blamed her computer. I told her she did not have the monopoly with computers that have a mind of their own.
 Now I wait for Plus net to contact me, she told me it would be a while but things would move. We will see. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment