Friday 30 September 2011

Gates.



As promised I have published a picture of my front gates. As you can see, they are not square. To be candid, I am sure they have never been square as I have not had them closed until recently .

I know they require painting and I am waiting for my friend to go to Boston as I have given him a £20 voucher to be spent at Homebase. We have no Homebase store near us at all.

I am a little worried though because the guy who came to see me regarding my change of LPG supplier. Well he wrote a circular stating that he expected LPG prices to increase and suggested that we top up at todays prices. He gave us the alternative of e-mailing him. This I did. I also mentioned in passing that my gates had been freed and was waiting to paint them. He had pointed out when he called that my gates spoiled the look of my property.

I did thank him for making me get off my backside and get them freed.

He wrote back stating that when he passes by he would take a good look and give me his views on the looks. He has a caravan in the nearby town so I guess he will be passing by at some time.

Still, I can't make my mate go there immediately. All I did say to him last time he called. "Don't wait while there is several inches of snow, or freezing weather, as I don't want to be painting the gates in the winter." Whether it will make any difference, I doubt it.

Finally, the weather here has been fantastic these last few days. At 5.00pm today, the temperature was over 24c. Hotter than most places in Europe. I know it won't last but at least it is saving me on fuel. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment