Thursday 15 September 2011

Winds

It makes me realise the power of Mother Nature. On Tuesday evening I was checking my site when there was a sudden rush of wind. Nothing like anything I have seen before. We had the tail end of the hurricane that struck the eastern side of America, but that seemed to have passed. It was quite disconcerting but it soon passed. I just though how lucky we are in this country not to have such events as severe earthquakes, tornadoes and hurricanes.
On Wednesday morning I looked out of my window and noticed what I thought was damage to my rose arch, thinking that the rose had been blown from the arch. Not a bit of it, the arch had been ripped out of it's securing and was damaged, I think beyond repair but my mate who will be here next week will either confirm or deny this.
Now to the chickens. I am collecting eggs, about 6 daily and the small wicker basket is almost full so I don't know exactly where I will be putting the rest. I do not have any egg boxes. I suppose I will find somewhere. I get up and open the chickens and feed them. I think it is the neighbours Mother who then shuts them up at night. I have not seen anybody though. They do not get back until Monday so there will be plenty of eggs for them. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment